Your career: Courses & Qualifications
Continuing Professional Development
Are you looking to progress your career? If you are interested in progressing your career in the AV field then you should be aiming to qualify as a CTS certified engineer.
So what does CTS mean? Certified Technology Specialist (CTS®)
InfoComm Certification means:
- Evidence of competence, dedication and commitment
- Self-confidence and the ability to sell your work better to clients
- Increased credibility among co-workers
- Increased customer confidence Evidence of technical proficiency, skill, professionalism and integrity
- A respected career path for audiovisual professionals
The CTS® (Certified Technology Specialist) designation is awarded to AV professionals who have demonstrated knowledge and comprehension of the science and technology used in communications including audio, video, display and systems. Technicians, engineers, designers, salespeople, customer service personnel, managers and executives are eligible for taking the general certification (individual) testing.
Credible companies in the fast-growing AV field are using achievement of the CTS as a way to acknowledge mastery of a higher skill and knowledge level, and to reward career veterans in the organization.
InfoComm’s Certified Technology Specialists (CTS) at all levels of certification have demonstrated audiovisual technology knowledge and/or skills. Certified individuals adhere to a Code of Ethics and maintain their status through continued education. Certification is not a guarantee for performance by certified individuals. Certification demonstrates commitment to professional growth in the audiovisual industry and is strongly supported by InfoComm.
Getting Your CTS
- Take a short, 10-question quiz to assess your readiness to take the test: CTS Readiness Assessment (PDF)
- Prepare for the test, if necessary, by taking an online course.
- Register to take the online test. You will receive an e-mail from “RegMail@infocomm.org” with your username, password, and a link to the test.
- Take the online test.
- After you pass the test with an 80% or above, download, read and sign, then fax or mail to InfoComm the Professional Code of Ethics and Honor Code Pledges(PDF).
- Success! InfoComm will send you a certificate and a pin. You will then be entitled to put the professional designation “Certified Technology Specialist”(CTS) after your name. Your certification is valid for three years.
Find out more or express interest in CPD (continuing professional development) and short courses throughout your career.
Call +44 (0) 20 7404 6383 or email us at email@example.com