Senior Audio Visual Project Manager – Live Events – London – 35-45K
About the job
We are looking for an experienced technical Audio Visual Project Manager, or AV Technical Manager looking to progress. This role would be suited to a candidate with previous Project Management experience within the Audio Visual industry.
The candidate would need a strong knowledge of Lighting, Audio, Projection and Video equipment as well as set design and build. The Project Manager will work on AV technical events with a value of between £2,000 to £20,000 on average.
This opportunity could lead to a directorship if the candidate makes the PM Team their own and develops the team and service and sales.
As AV Project Manager (Live Events), you will be managing large clients with large production budgets requiring advanced technical and creative solutions. The role is varied and the successful candidate will be expected to manage a wide variety of events often managing multiple events at the same time.
This AV Project manager will also assist with the development of ideas and themes to increase future sales and be involved in the development of the department if appropriate: – providing creative solutions in the form of design, PowerPoint, keynote computer graphics, music and video or simply promoting the rental of technical equipment with their clients.
We have been established since 2004 and now aims to grow its Project Management team further. Currently working with medium to high profile clients, this sector of our business is ready and a New Project Manager would be considered an important part of our team as a vital part of the company’s growth and development.
We offer an excellent working environment, with strong director support and commitment as well as a great team. We believe in having a strong and friendly team ethos with a can-do attitude, and wish to build the company to include a broad range of clients and exciting forward thinking and creative projects delivering excellent customer service at all times.
You will be our lead Audio Visual Project Manager and will be responsible for co-ordinating a project from the initial contact stage through to quote to Project Managing the event on the day and through to post event evaluation and resale later.
From the initial enquiry this Project Manager will be expected to liaise with the client throughout the project, taking the initial brief, attending site visits and delivering technical solutions that not only meet but exceed expectations and fit within pre-agreed budgets. The Project Manager will also be responsible for the organisation of all supplied equipment and management of outsourced equipment and services i.e. freelance engineers, required to deliver a successful event.
Your duties will include:-
• To respond and engage with Clients on initial request for technical Audio Visual requirements offering technical expert advice and creative ideas for their events.
• To take and interpret the client’ technical Audio Visual brief and prepare quotes, drawings, specs and all associated paperwork required by any potential or current clients in a legal, professional and well presented format.
• To pull together tender paperwork in a successful and professional manner.
• To present the pitch /tender in front of panel if required using Power Point or other format as chosen by client.
• To Project Manager the technical side of events from start to finish including the planning, booking, and scheduling of technical AV and freelance crew, as well as the sub-hiring of technical equipment and furniture as required by each project.
• To act as the central point of contact for the client in pre production and onsite including any on-site visits that may be required advising of technical solutions.
• To oversee the pre production and on-site installation of all Audio Visual equipment and any other event equipment and furniture provided.
• To Budget each project and ensure profit margins are met throughout and to delivery stages.
• To be responsible for all AV Project logistical management and delivery.
• To ensure maximum sales by upselling of AV equipment, internal departments, other services and crew.
• To oversee our and all AV technicians and crew within clients venue, to ensure the rigging, set up safely as well as the operation of equipment such as sound, projection, video, filming and web streaming
• To drive and deliver /pick up relevant equipment to venues and suppliers if required.
• To prepare and deliver relevant reports as required by Directors and other managers.
• To review previous events and performances and evaluate and develop improvements for future performance of crew and training.
• To ensure all legal requirements including Health and Safety are met on any project ensuring the protection of crew and clients, venues and staff.
• To Develop the Project Management team further with increased sales by bringing on new clients, establishing older relationships and offering creative ideas for increasing sales and increasing future revenue streams.
• To be involved in recruitment and training for AV Project management staff
• Although overseeing the entire project delivery, you would be supported by the in house technical team throughout.
1. To communicate with customers via telephone, face to face visits, email and letter
2. To assist Customers and Colleagues with technical AV queries and advising and quoting on AV equipment.
3. To maximise the company’s Sales revenue by up selling and suggesting more equipment – if appropriate.
4. To produce technical AV quotes on SAGE and send to clients.
5. To follow up on any quotes to encourage a potential sale.
6. Co-ordinating the events diary and AV technicians
7. Booking or purchase of alternative AV equipment or cross hire and sub-hiring of equipment and other event requirements.
8. Co-ordinating the delivery and pick up of equipment and cross hires.
9. Assisting the technical team in delivering and setting up equipment when necessary
10. Visiting clients at venues across London to encourage a good customer relationship and increased sales and to promote Project Management services.
11. Producing reports and associated paperwork.
12. During busy periods – to assist team with potential set ups / installation of Audio Visual equipment.
13. To assist the Directors of the Company in ensuring the Health and Safety of the staff and equipment & recommending what is required on each project.
14. To assist the Directors of the company in progressing the company and its sales.
Type of Person required
This role would be ideal for an existing Project Manager (Live events) or Technical Manager looking to take on an exciting new role. You should be a dynamic person looking for a future career path and with the ambition to increase your salary and position within the company.
• Previous Event technical production experience is essential
• Strong background in Audio Visual industry
• Strong knowledge of Audio Visual equipment
• Track record of high profile projects managed
• Excellent technical knowledge covering the main disciplines of AV live events
• Good understanding of set design and build.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work within a team and as an individual
• Proven experience in managing large and small teams in a live event environment
• Ability as well as proven experience of managing multiple events at one time
• You must have the capability to carry and lift AV equipment and staging from vans to venues as at times this may be required to assist your teams.
• Ability to communicate and consult effectively with good presentation skills
• Knowledge of all Microsoft office packages
• Strong creative thinking
• A keen interest in the industry and technical developments
• Professional with initiative and flexibility
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to manage more than one project at a time
• Time management and prioritization
• Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of business
• Willingness to work unsociable hours
• Ability to develop a new department and recruit new staff, develop business strategies and the ability and ambition to develop a new service.
• A current and clean European driving licence held for a minimum of 2 years.
The successful Project Manager will be servicing well known brands usually within London and within Europe, with one job later this year to be worked in Singapore.