Audio Visual Technician
About the job
Prospero Integrated are working alongside a busy Audio Visual rental company based in Hertfordshire. They are looking for a new audio visual technician to expand the services they can offer internally, and therefore need the right person to co-ordinate and deliver their clients requests, as well as supporting the day to day operations of the wider rental department
Your duties as AV Technician will include:-
• On site support for projects of all sizes – including the technical rig, client liaison, rehearsals, show operation etc.
• Dealing directly with the Client and being a central point of contact.
• Preparation of equipment prior to despatch
• Assist in planning and pre event testing (where required) of full AV systems
• Delivery and collection of equipment
• Dealing with customers on collections and returns
• Checking of equipment on return from rental – quickly and effectively
• Assisting with Management of rental stock
• Reporting missing items, late returns and damages
• Identifying equipment shortages and reporting to the warehouse manager
• Printing of rental paperwork, and following rental procedures
• Loading and Unloading of vehicles
• Simple maintenance and servicing of company equipment
• Covering quick turnarounds – evenings and weekends as and when required
• Working with Hire Manager to ensure all kit quantities are kept up to date, and new equipment is correctly logged on to the system
As AV Technician you will need to:
• Have good knowledge of audio visual equipment operation
• Have a minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in the AV industry, working in live events.
• Be highly motivated and good communicator
• Be able to work on your own or as part of a team
• Hold a full UK driving license
This is an example of the tasks involved, but not definitive and the role will be shaped around the successful candidate and relevant experience.